Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Buffalo smart home
At the heart of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into one united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in total command of your Buffalo home’s automation and security. See what it can do and find tips to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Buffalo help you?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements with radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You can arm or disarm your system, operate lights, update the thermostat, and more. When adding a video doorbell, you can even speak to visitors at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features a battery backup and cellular functionality for enhanced reliability. It also provides convenient remote operability via the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the functions you can carry out:
- View real-time or recorded footage from your linked cameras
- Arm or disarm your home’s security
- Switch lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your smart thermostat settings
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Buffalo by implementing schedules or initiating preferences. For example, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically every night at a specified time. Or, you can add rules like having your front door unlock when the smoke detector triggers.
Steps for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you jump into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just abide by these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will remain in the home and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be gone, and everything in the home will engage.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
You’ll observe a message if something is preventing the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window or door will cue you to take action. Note that you are still able to arm the system by using the steps above. You will then confirm you want to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Buffalo
Despite the fact that many users can be set up when your system is installed, you will probably want to add or remove a user at some point. Here’s how it’s done.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Select “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and press the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote capability, tap phone or email and submit the details to send an invitation.
- Hit Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, just proceed to the menu, press users, choose the user you want to get rid of, and then tap “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Do you want to take control of your home’s security and automation via an intuitive touchscreen dashboard? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Buffalo home security system. Call (716) 567-8226 to learn more.