Online shopping and daily shipments have become a way of life for many homeowners. You enjoy the ease of having packages dropped at your door, but there is a drawback. Those parcels sitting in the open are enticements to potential burglars. Porch piracy has become a real problem, but you can do something about it by ordering a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These components are fantastic tools to deter opportunistic thieves, but they give you so much more.
Take a second to learn more about how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll become an essential aspect of your smart home.
Perks of a Buffalo video doorbell
Found in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer an array of advanced features, and the technology keeps progressing. You are now able to set up detection zones, communicate with individuals at your door, and receive immediate updates whenever something arrives.
The simplest way to see how a Buffalo video doorbell camera works is to delve into the various perks it gives you. Consider these features:
- Active crime deterrents: You won’t find this on all models, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that take an active role in dissuading crime with warnings that can be heard and seen. This is a great way to let thieves know someone is watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You will benefit from seeing the total picture, and that consists of the faces of people at your entry and boxes on the ground. Video doorbells with superior 180-degree field of vision give you a comprehensive perspective.
- Vivid streams no matter the hour: What’s the use of getting a doorbell camera if the images are blurry and difficult to see? Leading models will provide exceptional HDR resolution and night vision.
- Delivery alerts: Would you like to be informed when a package arrives? You are able to enjoy immediate notifications from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between individuals and boxes.
- Talk to the visitor at your door: Is there somebody waiting at your door? Two-way audio allows you to ask their purpose for being there. You can even take advantage of this beneficial feature to deter people lurking around your entrance.
- Avoid false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to set up your own detection zones. Restricting the viewing area will help you minimize false alarms caused by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Instant access to video: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home offers you the option to access current and archived video right from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like never before, as you can interact with them directly from your mobile device, no matter your location. They’ll alert you when something or someone arrives, show you what’s happening, and even allow you to communicate with the individual at your door. They’ve turned into difference-makers in terms of safety and convenience.